To our MN Pets community,
We are continuing to monitor the COVID situation in Minnesota carefully. While we know that this is a stressful time for our entire global community, we also recognize the very personal heartbreak you are experiencing as you face this difficult decision for your pet. To be faced with a painful personal loss at a time when there is fear and uncertainty in the world around us can feel overwhelming and isolating.
Our goal during this time is to be here to support you through the loss of your pet and to help you say goodbye peacefully and gently at home where your pet is most comfortable. We recognize that when fear and heartbreak increase in the world, so does the need for compassion, empathy, and courage, and our goal is to continue to provide this important service while doing everything we can to minimize risk to you, our doctors, and our other clients.
To ensure that we are able to continue to help pet families in our community, we have developed a plan to keep our clients and staff safer:
- For indoor visits, everyone is asked to wear a mask while the doctor is present. During the visit, you will be able to be with your pet and hold them, which means you and the doctor will be sitting closely for an extended period. When the doctor is not tending to your pet, they may step away so that you can lower your mask. Masks are optional for outdoor visits.
- The doctor will call you when she is on the way. Please be ready to answer your phone
- The visit can take place outside for safety, or it can take place indoors. If indoors, we ask that you consider opening a window to increase ventilation.
- Please notify us if anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms so that we can discuss additional precautions or rescheduling.
- Please note, we are pausing in-home Quality of Life Consultations at this time. Our team is available to support you and discuss your options over the phone.
As this situation unfolds, there may be additional recommendations handed down by the CDC or the MN Department of Health. We will monitor these and make changes to this plan as necessary. We promise to communicate transparently and clearly and do whatever we can to identify options and precautions to keep everyone safe and healthy.