About MN Pets
Founded in 2010 by Dr. Rebecca McComas, MN Pets is a growing innovative, interdisciplinary team that provides compassionate euthanasia services for clients facing end-of-life decisions for their pets. Our team is supportive, focused on learning and growing, and collaborative. We strive to have an inclusive team with diverse perspectives, and extensive training and support are provided.
What our Aftercare Support Specialists accomplish:
- Provide compassionate client support, create clay paw prints, and create memorial stones for clients during deceased pet visits
- Travel to euthanasia visits to assist doctors with lifting and transporting large pets
- Communicate between support team, doctor team, and the client to confirm accurate client and pet information
- Transport each pet respectfully from the client’s home to cool storage and/or the crematory after passing
- Deliver pet urns to client homes and veterinary clinics
- Communicate urn delivery to the client via phone call and/or email as needed
What we look for in you:
- Attention to detail, can-do attitude, and motivation to learn and grow
- Understanding of the human-animal bond and demonstrated empathy, patience and compassion while speaking with grieving clients
- Comfortable learning to use new software and technology
- A valid driver’s license and insurance
- Ability to lift and maneuver pets up to 50 pounds unassisted and pets over 50lbs with assistance (safety training provided)
- Basic understanding of end-of-life veterinary care or strong motivation to learn
Schedule & Compensation
- This position will utilize a company vehicle
- Full-time schedule. Base schedule is rotating, predictable, flexible. May include some morning shifts, some afternoon shifts, and every third weekend.
- We provide on-going training and support around client communication, grief and loss, end-of-life veterinary topics, technology, and professional development
- Competitive compensation, reviewed after first 90 days and annually
- Benefits include 3 weeks paid vacation per year, 401(K) with a company match, medical, dental, and vision benefits, and employee discounts
If you fit this criteria and have a desire to be part of a compassionate team, contact us by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Mobile Euthanasia Veterinarian
We all became veterinarians because we care about animals and their quality of life. Bring that meaning back to your practice of veterinary medicine by joining MN Pets and focus on supporting pet owners through the loss of their pet with gentle in-home euthanasia and quality of life consultations.
We are a group of compassionate veterinarians dedicated to improving the end-of-life experience for pets and pet owners. We believe pets are more relaxed and comfortable at home in familiar surroundings, with family and other companions together at the time of euthanasia.
Take extra time to care for clients with one appointment every 1 hour 45 minutes and no more than 5 appointments per day. Leave behind the rush of general practice.
We value our team and want to this to be a long-term career. We provide extensive training and support and share our proven protocols and best practices. When you go to the home, your clients know what to expect and you’ll be prepared for each type of situation. Our doctors are backed up by our trained support specialists who handle all screening and scheduling. Focus on helping and connecting, instead of finances and record keeping. All supplies are provided and there are no overnights shifts or additional time on-call. You’ll have flexibility in determining your schedule which is good for work-life balance.
We look for veterinarians who are compassionate, independent and motivated to make a difference. This role is ideal for someone looking for a change of pace or an opportunity to grow their career in a new and rewarding way. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
Practice where every appointment matters.
- In-home euthanasia visits
- In-home Quality of Life Assessments
- Working closely with our Support Staff and Regional Coordinator
- Facilitating cremation services
- Must be a licensed veterinarian in Minnesota
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds unassisted, and up to 100 + pounds with assistance
- Passionate about the value of end of life care for pets and their owners
- Compassionate, sincere, and sensitive
- Professional with a can-do attitude
- Flexible and punctual
Compensation & Benefits:
- Position may be part time or full time
- Competitive pay: Each day worked per week earns around $20,000 in annual salary
- Comprehensive benefits are available to part-time and full-time doctors and include health insurance, paid vacation, 401k retirement plan, state license, CE, and more
- MN Pets has a commitment to provide on-going training and supervision, professional development, and opportunities for advancement
If you fit these criteria and have a desire to be a part of a growing, dynamic team, please contact us by emailing your cover letter and resume to Erica at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!
MN Pets is an equal opportunity employer.